Using this electronic method for making contributions to Resurrection Ministries is very safe and efficient. We are pleased to be able to offer this method of giving for those that desire to use it. However, please keep in mind that using your Credit or Debit Card to make contributions to Resurrection Ministries is no different than any other Credit or Debit Card transactions you normally make.
It’s clearly not Resurrection’s desire to create any financial hardship on our contributors and therefore we want to provide you with all the information needed to help you make a giving decision that is right for your financial condition and spending habits.
Resurrection wants your Online Giving experience to be satisfying, simple, and worry free. Below are a few “Things You Should Know” about using a Credit Card, Debit Card, or Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) to make donations online.
1. Credit Card – When using a Credit Card for Online Giving, a donation (transaction) is charged to your account only on the date you schedule it to occur (may be a present or future date). For example;
- If you schedule a $100 donation to occur today, upon completion of your request, the $100 is immediately authorized and captured (charged to your Credit Card account).
- If you schedule a $100 donation to occur on a future date, no action is taken to charge your Credit Card account until that specified future date arrives.
A Credit Card transaction is typically the easiest to facilitate and the most convenient method of online donations. FYI: any donation carried over into a new month’s billing cycle, as an unpaid balance on your credit card, will incur a finance charge.
2. Debit Card – When using a Debit Card for Online Giving, a donation (transaction) may function very differently then a Credit Card transaction. For example;
- If you schedule a $100 donation to occur today, upon completion of your request, the $100 is immediately authorized and captured (deducted from your checking or savings account).
- If you schedule a $100 donation to occur on a future date, the specified amount in your account (checking or savings) is immediately put on hold (set aside until the actual scheduled date). While the funds are not actually withdrawn from your account, your account balance will immediately reflect the deduction and gives the appearance that you have less in your account then expected.
Please be aware that using a Debit Card for payment of a schedule future donation may present a potential for overdrawing your account. Also, some Debit Cards charge service fees for online transactions.
3. Electronic Fund Transfer – EFT transactions are bank-to-bank transfers of funds. Specifically, using a simple and secure online process you authorize your bank to transfer funds from your checking or savings account directly to the Resurrection Ministries bank account. For example;
- If you schedule a $100 donation to occur today, upon completion of your request, the $100 is immediately deducted from your checking or savings account. Although the funds are immediately deducted, it typically takes 3-5 days for funds to actually be deposited into the Resurrection bank account. So if you desire a donation to reach Resurrection Ministries on a certain date, you may want to schedule your donation to occur 3-5 days prior to your desired deposit date.
- If you schedule a $100 donation to occur on a future date, the specified amount will not be transferred until that date. Again, please keep in mind it takes 3-5 days for your donation to be deposited in the Resurrection bank account.
An EFT transaction is the simplest and least costly to the donor. The EFT method excludes the cost of interest charges as described above for Credit Card transactions. However, depending on your account setup, your bank may charge a service fee for each EFT transaction.
We hope the above information has given you greater understanding and confidence as you consider using Resurrection Online Giving. Again, we want your Online Giving experience to be a confident and enjoyable one.
To start giving online, please click on Resurrection Online Giving.